Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Other classes

I forgot to mention that I'm being helped on this journey by friends who are pitching in to take care of and teach L.

The first week of homeschooling, my dear friend and gourmand R. agreed to teach L. to cook while I worked for a couple of hours. Of course, I was thinking of french toast, marshmallow krispies, things of that "Cooking With Kids" calibre. Was I wrong. The first lesson was the concept of mise en place, and she made a mirepoix, which they then cooked into a red sauce. When I picked L up after work, she had illustrated and written two pages, one detailing how to make a mirepoix and the other one on how to properly chop an onion:
This is a stov with a pot with mwrpwo! Mwrripois is silrre, onuin, and karit.

1. I kt in haf the onyon
2. I slist it hrosontl
3. I did sliset it vrdikle!


No comments: